FogHorn Products—Designed for Industrial IOT
FogHorn brings a groundbreaking dimension to the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) by embedding built-in edge intelligence and fog computing directly into small footprint edge devices. At the core of Foghorn’s technology platform is the world’s most compact, advanced and feature rich complex event processor (CEP) which is revolutionizing IIoT. The software’s extremely low overhead allows it to be embedded into a broad range of edge devices and highly-constrained environments for maximum efficiency and speed.
FogHorn’s Lightning™ product portfolio resides at the IIoT Edge, greatly enriching the capability of any gateway, programmable logic controller (PLC), industrial PC, HMI device, or other edge system and delivering unprecedented low latency for on site data processing, real time analytics, machine learning and AI capabilities.
Our Newest Release: Lightning ML
Lightning ML, our newest software release, introduces powerful machine learning capabilities to the edge. This release is included in both the Standard and Micro editions of FogHorn Lightning.
FogHorn Lightning ML
Lightning ML brings the power of machine learning to the edge in three groundbreaking ways:
- Leverages existing models and algorithms: With Lightning ML, industrial users can seamlessly plug in and execute proprietary algorithms and machine learning models on live data streams produced by physical assets and industrial control systems.
- Makes machine learning OT-accessible: Non-technical personnel can use FogHorn’s tools to generate powerful machine learning insights without the need to rely on in-house or third party data scientists.
- Runs in tiny software footprint: Lightning ML enables complex machine learning models to run on highly-constrained compute devices such as PLCs, Raspberry Pi systems and tiny ruggedized IIoT gateways as well as more powerful industrial PCs and servers. Even with the addition of advanced machine learning capabilities, the complete Micro edition of the Lightning ML platform requires less than 256MB of memory footprint.
Value of FogHorn’s Lightning™ Portfolio
- Leverages and embeds existing analytics and machine learning (ML) algorithms on site for real-time operation and the world’s lowest latency
- Compatible with small-computing resources in existing brown-field environments including PLCs, embedded systems and small IoT gateways
- Provides operational technology (OT) centric tools making it easy for OT staff to express monitoring and predictive maintenance conditions without programming experience
- Cloud-agnostic—operates in concert with any existing Cloud services
- Radically reduces or eliminates the need for costly backhaul of voluminous amounts of OT data to the cloud.
- Includes a user friendly OT-oriented interface to identify and configure ingestion streams, data characterization and cleansing, and algorithm scripting
- Provides scalable options for available computing resources as well as real world OT conditions, circumstances and goals
- Facilitates the translation of tribal knowledge into real time analytic expressions, resulting in consistent capture of operator experience and wisdom.
- Helps visualize and act on real time sensor data streams, asset health statistics and results of analytics at the edge
- Advanced simulation of industrial settings to validate production styled configurations
FogHorn Lightning Editions
FogHorn Lightning™ is available in Standard and Micro Editions distinguished primarily by their footprint. The Standard Edition includes all of the features in the Micro Edition plus support for larger processing platforms and provides additional tools listed below.
Both editions include…
- World-class patent pending, small footprint real-time streaming CEP engine including FogHorn’s easy-to-use VEL™ expression language and hundreds of built-in functions.
- Lightning fast high-speed data ingestion
- Advanced data pre-processing, transformation and enrichment
- Machine learning capabilities that include inference, training on live data and execution on the edge
- Application development using FogHorn’s polyglot SDK
- Management, monitoring configuration of edges
- Drag-and-drop analytics authoring tool
- Advanced simulation tool to simulate sensor data in any protocol and at any frequency
*The FogHorn software platform is highly flexible and can be easily scaled to optimize for footprint and/or feature needs.
Scalable Edge Device Management
Both FogHorn Lightning editions include FogHorn Manager (FHM) for out-of-the-box remote management, monitoring and configuration of edge nodes.
- All management, monitoring and configuration functions accessible from a single window pane
- Health, metrics and system stats of each edge node
- Message logs for events and alerts
- Simplified edge configurations that can be reused for scale-out
- Authoring and deployment of analytics expressions
- Deployment and configuration of custom or FogHorn-provided applications
Remote Management, Monitoring and Configuration Console