FogHorn Closes 2018 with Record Business Performance, Broad Industry Recognition for Innovation in Edge Computing and Announcements with Google, AWS, Dell EMC and Uptake
Achieves Record Business Results, Releases Lighting™ 2.0 to broad industry acclaim, secures awards for innovation, edge computing, analytics, machine learning and AI, receives broad analyst coverage and expands strategic ecosystem relationships
SUNNYVALE, Calif., Jan. 08, 2019 — FogHorn, a leading developer of edge intelligence software for industrial and commercial Internet of Things (IoT) solutions, announces milestones in business performance, technology innovation and excellence in edge computing today. Among these successes, FogHorn has been referenced in leading analyst reports and received awards for its leadership in Industrial IoT (IIoT). Additionally, FogHorn recently announced a collaboration with a number of leading IoT solution providers, including Google, AWS, Dell EMC and Uptake, among others, and released an upgraded version to its signature, advanced edge-based computing solution with the launch of Lightning™ 2.0.
Juniper Research recently stated there will be 46 billion active industrial connections in the IIoT by 2023. With this anticipated 140-percent growth over the next four years, driven by edge computing services, FogHorn is uniquely positioned as a best-in-class provider for this explosive sector.
“2018 has been a breakout year for edge computing analytics and machine learning, with a number of industrial players moving their IIoT pilots into full-scale deployments,” said David C. King, CEO of FogHorn. “As we move into 2019, we’re looking forward to building on our strong business performance over the past year, and increasing the adoption of real-time industrial edge intelligence to deliver the benefits of greater operating efficiencies, maximum asset performance, and improved process improvements.”
FogHorn collaborates with leading industrial solution providers
Throughout 2018, FogHorn announced partnerships and integrations with leading industrial solutions, including:
- Dell EMC to deliver end-to-end Industrial IoT (IIoT) edge computing solutions for industrial and commercial customers through preconfigured gateways and other devices that simplify IoT deployments on Dell’s trusted OEM hardware;
- Google Cloud IoT Core to integrate FogHorn’s breakthrough Lightning platform with managed service from Cloud IoT Core.
- Amazon AWS through FogHorn’s achievement of Amazon Web Services (AWS) Industrial Software Competency status.
- Uptake to streamline the deployment, and accelerate time-to-value, of industrial IoT applications with the integration of FogHorn’s Lightning™ edge analytics and machine learning platform with Uptake’s purpose-built industrial AI and IoT platform; and
- ADLINK to apply edge intelligence to their recently announced IoT Digital eXperiments as-a-Service (DXS).
Revolutionary Lightning 2.0 released
FogHorn’s new Lightning 2.0 software establishes new industry benchmarks for edge-based machine learning (EdgeML®), massively scalable edge deployment support, zero-touch sensor configuration, out-of-the-box multi-cloud integration, and next generation OT (Operational Technology) tools. The capabilities of Lightning 2.0 allow industrial and commercial users to scale quickly and increase time-to-value with an operations technology-centric platform.
Analysts recognize FogHorn leadership
Leading analyst firms place FogHorn among the drivers of edge computing. Gartner included FogHorn in a number of reports on machine learning, analytics, edge computing and more, including:
- Market Guide for Industrial IoT Gateways1
- Hype Cycle for Data Science and Machine Learning, 20182
- Hype Cycle for Analytics and Business Intelligence, 20183
- Market Guide for Edge Computing Solutions for Industrial IoT4
- Hype Cycle for the Internet of Things, 20185
Frost & Sullivan also recently selected FogHorn as the 2018 Global Smart Buildings Entrepreneurial Company of the Year for their excellence in performance, innovation and customer satisfaction. ARC Advisory and 451 Research both recognized FogHorn’s partnership with Uptake and the benefits industrial IoT application users will now have access to, including streamlined deployment and accelerated time-to-value. FogHorn was also included in Navigant’s market overview report of IoT and analytics for utilities. As well, ABI Research listed FogHorn in their assessment of smart manufacturing platforms.
FogHorn tapped for excellence in edge computing
FogHorn received accolades for its excellence in edge computing from:
- American Business Awards: recognition with a silver Stevie award for the 2018 new product of the year in the Software – Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning Solution category.
- Best in Biz Awards: bronze winner for Most innovative Product of the Year
- CRN: recognition as an Emerging Vendor of 2018: Top IoT Companies You Need to Watch, one of the 10 Top IoT Startups of 2018 (So Far), one of the 10 Coolest Industrial IoT Companies within the 2018 Internet of Things 50 list and one of the 10 Hottest Industrial IoT Startups Of 2018
- Frost & Sullivan: honored as the 2018 Global Smart Buildings Entrepreneurial Company of the Year for overall performance, innovation and customer satisfaction
- Insights Success: awarded one of the top 10 Most Promising IoT Solution Providers—2018 and one of the top 10 Most Innovative Artificial Intelligence Solutions Providers—2018
- IoT Evolution: awarded for excellence in two award categories for 2018 IoT Edge Computing Excellence and 2018 IoT Platforms Leadership
- IoT One: executives David C. King, CEO, and Sastry Malladi, CTO, listed of Top 100 IoT Influencers for FogHorn’s influence on the IIoT market and technology advances
- Globee Awards: gold winner in Artificial Intelligence – Machine Learning
- ZDNet: recognition among the “Ten Edge Computing Vendors to Watch”
These milestones and recognitions come as FogHorn experienced an impressive year of company growth, including a headquarters relocation to larger offices in Sunnyvale, CA.
1 Gartner, Market Guide for Industrial IoT Gateways, August 13, 2018
2 Gartner, Hype Cycle for Data Science and Machine Learning, 2018, July 23, 2018
3 Gartner, Hype Cycle for Analytics and Business Intelligence, 2018, July 20, 2018
4 Gartner, Market Guide for Edge Computing Solutions for Industrial IoT, July 19, 2018
5 Gartner, Hype Cycle for the Internet of Things, 2018,July 17, 2018
About FogHorn Systems
FogHorn is a leading developer of “edge intelligence” software for industrial and commercial IoT application solutions. FogHorn’s software platform brings the power of advanced analytics and machine learning to the on-premises edge environment enabling a new class of applications for advanced monitoring and diagnostics, machine performance optimization, proactive maintenance and operational intelligence use cases. FogHorn’s technology is ideally suited for OEMs, systems integrators and end customers in manufacturing, power and water, oil and gas, renewable energy, mining, transportation, healthcare, retail, as well as Smart Grid, Smart City, Smart Building and connected vehicle applications.
FogHorn and Lightning are trademarks of FogHorn Systems. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.