Staff Engineer, Distributed Systems
Real-Time Data Processing and Platform Infrastructure
Mountain View, California or Pune, India
Role and Responsibilities
- Implementing the core edge platform services and components that power the Internet of
Things (IoT) with a strong focus on high-performance, low-latency, and low-footprint data
- Design various multi-threaded, high-speed data sharing and communication subsystems
to aid configuration, analytics and machine learning.
- Creating new IoT applications and infrastructure that run on the edge (fog computing)
having significant impact on industrial operations and predictive maintenance.
- Interact with technology leaders, customers, peers to define and explain Foghorn’s
engineering architecture, concepts and design choices.
Core Qualifications (Must have all)
- Strong knowledge and experience in building reliable/fault tolerant, high performance,
scalable distributed systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- BS in Computer Science or related field with 2+ years of relevant work experience.
Bonus Qualifications (Any extra qualifications help a candidate be more competitive)
- Hands-on expertise in programming in C++
- Knowledge of compilers/interpreters/language design, embedded systems, security,
OS/networking concepts is highly desirable
How to apply
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org