Senior Technical Writer
FogHorn Systems is looking for a senior technical writer to join their team in Mountain View, California!
About FogHorn Systems
FogHorn Systems is an award-winning industrial IoT startup headquartered in Mountain View, California. FogHorn is a leader in the rapidly emerging domain of “edge intelligence.” FogHorn provides industrial customers with a software environment that lets them analyze huge amounts of streaming data at the “edge” by hosting high performance processing, analytics, and heterogeneous applications closer to control systems and physical sensors. With FogHorn, customers gain insight into their devices in nearly real time without having to wait for data processing in the cloud.
This brings big data and real-time processing onsite for industrial customers in manufacturing, oil and gas, power and water, transportation, mining, renewable energy, smart city, and more. FogHorn technology is embraced by the world’s leading Industrial Internet innovators and major players in cloud computing, high performance edge gateways, and IoT systems integration.
About the Role
FogHorn is looking for a passionate, driven, and hands-on senior technical writer to take command of the company’s technical communications, including user documentation, API guides, and in-app help text. We’re looking for someone who enjoys testing products, advocating for the best possible experience for our users, and providing friendly, approachable documentation to our customers.
As FogHorn’s senior technical writer, you will:
- Revamp existing documentation, user guides, API documentation, and UI text to meet industry standards for excellent technical content
- Produce customer-facing technical documentation and communications for FogHorn’s suite of industrial IoT products using Markdown and Git
- Implement technical writing standards and processes at a rapidly developing startup
- Work with product managers, designers, and engineers to advocate for the user’s and customer’s experience
We’re looking for a candidate who can hit the ground running with:
- At least 5 years of experience as a technical writer producing customer-facing documentation for enterprise products
- Experience creating single-source documentation with a version control system such as Perforce or Git
- Experience writing documentation in a markup language such as XML, DITA, HTML, or Markdown
- Experience crafting UI and in-app text for localization and translation
- Experience working on teams engineers, product managers, and designers to test and provide usability feedback for software products
Our ideal candidate also comes to us with:
- Experience writing API and SDK documentation
- Experience implementing information architecture, content strategy, and writing standards for customer-facing documentation
How To Apply
To apply, submit resume to HR at email@example.com.