Senior Security Engineer
Who are we
FogHorn is a series-a stage startup whose mission is to make machines intelligent, and help build an ecosystem that enables companies to build smarter machines. Handling the scale of information generated by machines requires innovating in almost every area of Computer Science—machine learning, streaming and batch data management, distributed computing, large-scale system design, security and user interface design. FogHorn embraces these technologies to build a distributed computing platform, to enable analytics and machine learning applications for sensors that are geographically distributed or semi-connected to the network. The platform uses sophisticated containers to run analytics applications in environments that include constrained computing devices at the edge or “in the fog.”
In this role you will have complete design and implementation responsibilities with respect to all security related aspects of FogHorn’s Lightening Platform product.
As a Principal/Senior Staff Engineer working on FogHorn’s security modules, you will play a crucial role in the design, development and integration of the security infrastructure and contribute significantly to the overall product design.
- Strong knowledge of web security, TLS/SSL, web authentication protocols such as OAuth, Role Based Access Control (RBAC), privilege models and enforcement.
- End-to-end security expertise including application security, network security, securing data at rest and data in motion.
- Experience with common attack patterns and exploitation techniques. Ability to write functional exploits for – simple stack overflow, cross-site scripting, or SQL injection.
- Strong knowledge and experience of building reliable/fault tolerant, high performance, large scale distributed systems.
- MS/BS in Computer Science or related field with 8+ years of relevant work experience.
- Expertise in programming using Java, C++, or Python.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and strong communications skills.
- Knowledge of enterprise and industrial security standards such as HIPPA, SOX; and experience using standard security assessment and penetration testing tools would be a plus.
How to apply
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org